Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Day 1.5 sizing up the pattern

From Threads Magazine
Today I finish sizing up the pattern. I call it 1.5 because I spent a couple of days printing, taping and cutting out the pattern.

To grade the pattern I've been using the reference chart from Threads Magazine.   So far the pattern looks a complete mess LOL cut, taped, pen marks all over it.   I comfort myself with the knowledge that I have plenty of muslin and a bunch of interfacing.


 Both kittens are eager to help.

I know that this is just the beginning of my journey towards pants, but I am already uneasy and wondering if I'm doing the right thing.   I just have to remind myself that even if this goes spectacularly wrong that I'll only be out some time and fabric and that even failure will bring some sort of lesson.

...and if it goes well I'll have learned nothing, but will have an endless supply of cheap retro jeans and cigarette pants.

I think I just need to tell myself that this is a win-win situation.

Til next time,
Ish


Enjoy resized pants pattern. Oh, the glamour!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009Finding 'Ish | by TNB